Saturday, February 28, 2009

Trail Guides in Training

Today, we broke up into several groups and each person did a 10 minute mini guided tour. This was used to see how we presented ourselves.

Since learning a lot about the plants contained in the park, I didn't have a problem finding things to say as I led the hike. In fact, time seemed to run by so fast. Although, my critique was that I kept "talking to the plants" rather than the people! So, now I'll try to remember to look people in the eye as I dispense factoids.


I tried out the "sport" settings on the camera and caught this tiny (but not pygmy) butterfly's wings in the open position.

Here's an underside close up of wing details while they're up.

We spotted a gopher while someone was giving a mini guided tour. This is the type of occurrence you depend upon to make the tour even more interesting. The sun was in its eyes, so it didn't seem to see our group walk up to it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment